Today we will be discussing the best Energy Saver in the home and how these little helpers can make a big difference!
Here are the Top 10 Energy Saving Tips for the home:
- Seal and Insulate- fill any air leaks and check to make sure your home is properly insulated.
- Get a Smart Thermostat- with a programmable thermostat you will never have to remember to turn down the heat as you’re walking out the door again!
- Use Those Curtains- Block out the hot summer sun to keep out some heat. Then in the winter, open up for the sun to help you heat your home.
- Replace Filter Often- The cleaner your furnace or A/C filter the more air flow meaning your machines don’t have to work as hard.
- Install a Tankless Water Heater- This requires only heating the water that is actually being used. No more wasting energy on heating water when you don’t need it!
- Go Low-flow- Low-flow shower heads, low-flow faucets, low-flow toilets, vacuum assist-toilets, dual-flush toilets, etc
- Rethink the Laundry- Do a large loads instead of medium, use cold water, clean out the lint trap every load and hang dry whenever possible.
- Change out the Lightbulbs- Energy efficient lightbulbs can save up to 80% of the energy used by traditional lightbulbs.
- Upgrade your Appliances- Purchase energy-efficient appliances allows for better performance, less energy… doesn’t get much better that this!
- Invest Renewable Energy- Installing solar roof panels or wind turbines can save you big in the long run so jump in and get that renewable energy system up and running!
Although some of these options are a bit more costly than other, there are tips any one of us could do right now! No matter how big or small, any energy saver tip can help reduce your utility bill as well as lower the demand on the power companies. Now go out there and bring some more efficiency into your home!